Town Hall Square. Before Town Hall Square came into existence in 1990, the central part of Alytus town comprised of the triangular Komsomol Square (from 1954) and the Market Square in front of it, which used to host regular markets. They were surrounded by early 20th-century commercial and residential houses, most of which were demolished in 1987 when construction of the present Town Hall began (finished in 1989).
GPS: 54.396250, 24.047521 (WGS)
Authors of photographs: M. Gudzinevičius, E. Rugieniūtė.