On September 9th the year 1941, in the villages of Klydžionys and Trakininkai, Jewish people were murdered (they had been brought from the neighbouring towns of Birštonas, Butrimonys, Punia and Stakliškės). The killings were commenced at the time of sunset and continued without stopping until the midnight. The killed Jewish people were buried in the mass graves with 600 m distance between. In total 740 persons were murdered. On the site of the mass grave, a monument has been erected in the village of Klydžionys.
Mass killing locations are included into the Register of Immovable Cultural Properties.
Author of photograph B. Malaškevičiūtė