The first gymnasium in Alytus was established in 1919 without its own building. In 1925, a new building was completed and opened its doors – contractors from Kaunas won an open competition and erected it using materials from the former military barracks that once belonged to the Tsar. Today it is home to the School of Fine Crafts. The School carries out educational activities and also has a shop of students’ works.
Author of photograph L. Valentaitė