The City Garden was started in 1930. The park is famous for its rose beds. An interwar fountain with a small basin, where goldfish used to swim and water lilies used to blossom, has remained to this day. The fountain was meant to represent the Sun and paths stretching from it – beams of the Sun. The City Garden has 55 species of trees and bushes.
S. Dariaus ir S. Girėno g., Alytus
GPS: 54.394178, 24.047430 (WGS)
Authors of photographs: G. Bernatavičius, L. Valentaitė-Gudzinevičienė, M. Gudzinevičius, S. Šmigelskas.